Lumo Bikes warranty conditions
Our warranty conditions apply to all Lumo Bikes products. This states, among other things, how long the warranty period is and on which parts see the warranty.
ARTICLE 0 – Lumo Bikes warranty
Maintenance determines the lifespan of every bicycle, including your Lumo fat bike. Carry out an initial check after 500 km or within 3 months of purchasing your ebike to keep the warranty. You can also have maintenance carried out by our Lumo Bikes technicians or by a recognized bicycle repair shop. Keep the receipts from the bicycle repairer as proof of maintenance performed.
Article 1 – Warranty
- Lumo guarantees that the Lumo ebikes are free from construction and/or material defects, all this insofar as this follows from these warranty provisions.
- The guarantee can only be invoked by the first owner of the relevant Lumo bike.
- The guarantee lapses in accordance with the provisions of Articles 3.1 and 5.1.
- The warranty is non-transferable.
- The warranty period starts on the day of delivery after approval and receipt
- of delivery.
Article 2 – Warranty period
- A warranty period of 1 year applies to the Lumo Bike frames on construction and/or material defects.
- For the Lumo Bike mudguards, a warranty period of 1 year applies on construction and/or material defects.
- A warranty period of 1 year applies to all electrical components against construction and/or material defects.
- Lumo Bikes provides a 1 year warranty on the battery. The capacity of the battery will decrease in proportion to the number of charging cycles and age. This decrease in capacity is not covered by warranty.
- For all other parts, with the exception of the parts referred to in article 2.7, a warranty period of 1 year applies to construction and/or material defects.
- A warranty period of 1 year applies to all accessories on construction and/or material defects.
- No warranty is given on parts that are subject to wear and tear, such as tires, chain, chainrings, cables and brake pads, unless there are construction and/or material defects.
- On the Lumo Bike demo models, 50% of the warranty period of the above-mentioned warranty periods applies.
Article 3 – Warranty exclusions
- The warranty will lapse in the following cases:
- The ebike has not demonstrably received a first service (with invoice / receipt) 6 months or 1000 km after delivery.
- The ebike has not demonstrably (with invoice / receipt) been serviced annually after the first inspection.
- If the defects are the result of incorrect assembly, ie assembly that deviates from the supplied assembly instruction, which can be found on our website.
- Incorrect and/or careless use of the Lumo Bike that is not in accordance with its destination, including:
- Driving up and down curbs with a full load;
- Drive into curbs;
- Technical repairs have not been carried out in a professional manner.
- Parts mounted afterwards do not correspond to the technical specifications of the bike in question or have been mounted incorrectly.
- If proof of ownership is not present.
- Upon finding that the maximum speed of 25km / h has been adjusted.
- When the saddle is loaded with more than 150 kg.
- When the luggage carrier is loaded with more than 25 kg.
- In the event of damage arising as a result of an accident or other external calamity.
- Furthermore, Lumo Bikes explicitly excludes liability for damage to (parts of) the ebike as a result of:
- Incorrect adjustment / tension of handlebars, stem, saddle, seat post, derailleur set, brakes, gears and / or loosening of parts, adjustment of wheels and spokes during use, as well as spoke breakage.
- Failure to replace parts such as brake / derailleur cables, brake pads, tires, chain and sprockets in time.
- Climatic influences such as normal weathering of paint or chrome rust. This also applies to the saddle. It can change color. This is due to use and / or external factors such as UV radiation, moisture and heat.
- Climatic influences such as discolouration of paint and saddle.
- Lumo bikes that are used for rental.
- Adjustments have been made to the original condition and settings, such as the use of unauthorized parts and / or accessories;
Article 4 – Labor cost on parts in case of warranty
- During the warranty period, all parts of which Lumo Bikes has determined that there is a material and/or construction defect will be repaired or reimbursed at the discretion of Lumo Bikes. Any costs of (dis)assembly are at the expense of the owner, if the owner can be expected to assemble the part to be replaced himself.
- Contrary to the provisions of the previous paragraph, in the event of material and/or construction errors in frames and front forks, the wages will also be borne by Lumo Bikes for 1 year after the purchase date.
Article 5 – Making a warranty claim
- Claims under this warranty must be submitted to Lumo Bikes by e-mail stating the order number, frame number and photo of the relevant part. In this way Lumo Bikes can assess whether there is a warranty case.
- Lumo Bikes will acknowledge or reject the claim within a reasonable period. If it is not reasonably possible to assess the defect without seeing the Lumo bike “live”, a suitable solution will be sought in consultation with the owner.
- Before sending a replacement product, Lumo Bikes can demand that the product in question is first sent to Lumo Bikes for assessment. Based on this assessment, Lumo Bikes can decide that the product is not covered by the warranty conditions or send a replacement product.
- Costs of transporting the Lumo bike and/or parts to and from Lumo Bikes are at the expense of the owner, unless the part concerned is eligible for warranty.
- If a certain part is eligible for warranty and the original is no longer available, Lumo Bikes will provide a minimum equivalent alternative.
Article 6 – Liability
- A warranty claim accepted by Lumo Bikes does not automatically mean that Lumo Bikes also accepts liability for any damage suffered. Lumo Bikes’ liability never extends beyond what is described in these warranty conditions and/or the applicable general terms and conditions of Lumo Bikes.